Northwest to Southern Iran
Istanbul – Van – Tabriz – Tehran-Isfahan- Yazd- Shiraz- Tabriz –Van- Istanbul
This 20 day itinerary provides the opportunity to take in the highlights of Iran but minimize unnecessarily long rides. You will have the opportunity to learn about Iranian culture & history with the guided tours included in Tehran, Isfahan, Yazd, and Shiraz, during the rest days.
Motorcycles will all be brand new 2016 model versions. BMW’s come with a top case. We will also have our own support vehicle throughout the tour.
You will enter Iran via the border with Turkey in North West Iran and head for the city of Tabriz, then ride all the way to Southern Iran to the city of Shiraz to visit Persepolis.
If you wish to make the tour shorter, it is possible but it will mean eliminating some rest days.
- Day 1: Arrive Istanbul. Transfer to hotel. Overnight in Istanbul
- Day 2: Fly to Van in Eastern Turkey & pick-up motorcycles. Enjoy an orientation ride around Van and visit the 1,000 year old Armenian church on Akdamar Island. Overnight in Van.
- Day 3: Ride from Van to Dogubeyazit, on the border with Iran. (173 km) o/n Dogubeyazit
- Day 4: Cross border into Iran and ride to Tabriz (310 km). Overnight in Tabriz
- Day 5: Tabriz to Ardabil (250 km). Overnight in Ardabil
- Day 6: Ardabil to Masuleh village(275 km). Overnight in Masuleh village
- Day 7: Ride to Tehran (380 km). Overnight in Tehran
- Day 8: Free day to discover Tehran. Guided sightseeing tour of Tehran on bus and on foot (no motorcycles). Overnight in Tehran
- Day 9: Tehran to Matinabad (319 km). Overnight at an eco-camp in Matinabad
- Day 10: Matinabad to Isfahan (170 km). Overnight in Isfahan
- Day 11: Guided sightseeing of Isfahan on bus/foot. Overnight in Isfahan
- Day 12: Ride to Yazd (325 km). Overnight in Yazd
- Day 13: Guided sightseeing tour of Yazd .Overnight in Yazd
- Day 14: Ride to Shiraz (440 km). Overnight in Shiraz.
- Day 15: Ride from Shiraz to Persepolis (120 km). Overnight in Shiraz.
- Day 16: Motorcycles will be loaded on a truck to be shipped to Tabriz. Group flies to Tabriz. Overnight in Tabriz.
- Day 17: Visit the troglodyte village of Kandovan. Overnight in Tabriz
- Day 18: Cross border back to Turkey, Van. Overnight in Van
- Day 19: Fly back to Istanbul. Farewell Dinner in Istanbul.
- Day 20: Fly back home
Prices per person based on two people sharing a twin bedded room:
- 10 – 11 persons: £9200
- 12 – 14 persons: £9000
- 15 – 17 persons: £8800
- 18 – 20 persons: £8600
- Single supplement: £1300
- Passenger (pillion): £5500
- Upgrade to BMW 800GS : £850
- Upgrade to BMW 1200GS : £1100
- Rental of a 2016 model BMW 700GS
- Carnet de Passage which is required for Iran
- Obtaining visa permit on your behalf (excluding consular visa stamp fees)
- All hotel accommodation in Turkey and Iran, 4 or 5 star hotels (or best available) on bed and breakfast basis
- Occasional lunches and dinners
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Istanbul, with wine and beer included
- Services of an expert guide leading the group on a motorcycle
- Services of a local bilingual local expert throughout the trip (riding in the support vehicle)
- Support vehicle throughout the tour, carrying luggage and spare parts, tools, etc.
- All expenses (room, meals, fuel, etc.) of the staff
- Domestic flights within Turkey (Istanbul – Van – Istanbul)
- Domestic flight in Iran (Shiraz to Tabriz)
- Trucking of motorcycles from Istanbul to Van and back
- Trucking of motorcycles from Shiraz to Tabriz
- Guided sightseeing tours (by coach) in Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Yazd, Tabriz
- Entrance fees to all sites during guided tours
- Transfer from Istanbul Airport to hotel on Day 1
Price does not include:
- International airfare to/from Turkey
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuities to staff (motorcycle guide, Iranian guide, support vehicle driver)
- Fuel for motorcycles
- Personal expenses
- We will avoid a 3 day round trip from Istanbul to Van and back by trucking the motorcycles. Riding back to Turkish border would add another 4 long day , so we send the bikes on a truck and fly internally in Iran.
- We only include liability insurance as collision coverage in Iran is not available. Therefore the riders will be responsible for all damages to the motorcycle.
- There is an amazing amount of paperwork (Carnet de Passage, power of attorney, translations of all paperwork into Persian, etc.) required to enter rental motorcycles into Iran and we will complete this on your behalf, although we need a great deal of time for this.
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, we will load the motorcycle on the van and the rider will ride in the support vehicle.