We had a wonderful time. Thanks most of all for connecting us with Ramin. He is truly wonderful, showed us everything with enthusiasm and and retained his good nature throughout. He is also very knowledgeable and he informed us well.
There was much to see and explore in the all the places we visited. Each day was packed, and we had much to look forward to.
Some of our favourites were:
- Shiraz- Nasir Ol Molk Mosque, Vakil Bazaar
- Yazd- The rooftop vistas of the old city, the Zoroastrian temple, the wind tower at Daulatabad Gardens
- Esfahan- The music Room at Ali Qapu palace, The Jama, Imam and Lotfallah mosques, Chehel Sotun and Hasht Behesht Places and Vank Cathedral in Jolfa. the Abbasi stay was very enjoyable.
- Kashan- the Tabatebei and Borujerdis House. We loved staying at Minoucheheri House.
- Teheran- The Jewellery museum is par excellence! we enjoyed Tajrish Bazaar and a host of other museums. The Grand bazaar was a trifle too crowded.
We hope things get easier for locals and visitors overall- it would be good to be able to use credit cards, many folks could enjoy a relaxing drink in the eves. The hijab did become hot and cumbersome at times in 37degrees C.
While we enjoyed the food, my vegetarian husband would have struggled with the lack of options.
The people were ultra friendly throughout, and we felt very safe.
The combination of Iran’s history, architecture and living culture is truly compelling, and we’re both very happy to have made this trip.
Iran lends itself to incredibly rewarding photography, many of our friends are now keen to follow in our footsteps.
Thanks for helping plan the trip,